Days Two and Three

Stuck at home, sick, with a storm raging outside is exactly the sort of time when I dearly love to lie on the couch, dozing and watching TV, all day long. Not an easy couple of days to resist watching the tube.

What I noticed was that rather than stare numbly at the TV, while feeling sorry for myself about being unwell, I simply went to bed and got the rest I needed. As a result, I was still able to be up and about early in the mornings to get some chores done. Later, on both days, I had enough energy to potter about the house doing some undemanding tasks such as sorting and tidying my patchwork fabric stash, which I hadn't visited for a few years, and I dug out and resurrected a knitting project that's been hibernating for a couple of years - I'm now about a third of the way up the back and am enjoying the project.

Another long-overdue task I did was to give my email account a thorough clean out. All emails have either been saved to files or deleted. My inbox in now empty. I haven't seen it like that since 2008!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Experiment

Day One