Day One

7.45 pm - it's after dinner and I'm hiding in the family room, typing this, while the rest of the family is in the living room enjoying the warmth of the fire and a classic family movie on the television. It sounds like a fun and I feel a little bit lonely. They keep calling the funny bits out to me. My husband loves to relax in front of the set on dark nights. Over the summer months he works in our large (one acre) garden most evenings, but when he's forced indoors, he's happy to just lounge in the lounge - it's his only 'inside' hobby. We live in the country so there's no town to go out to or well-lit streets to walk around.

Hmmmm, what to do with the rest of the evening? I've had a bad headache all day so I could go to bed early. There's a bathroom to clean and the kitchen floor to wash. Should I do those? No! I'm going to bed with a book - Charles Dickens' Bleak House.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Days Two and Three

An Experiment